Tuesday, October 21, 2008

MikroC for PIC Microcontroller Programming

MikroC user interface
As a beginner in PIC Microcontroller, MikroC is my favorite compiler for my Microcontroller projects. I know 'C' already so it's very easy to use MikroC no complex settings involved. MikroC provides a lot of useful and handy libraries for example, LCD interface , UART, I2C, SD card access and many more. Good new, there is a free lite version that can compile code upto 2Kbyte which is enough for beginner projects. The commercial version is also affordable. Of course, I am not selling MikroC :) I just want to share information. Please visit their site for more info: http://www.mikroe.com/

MikroC sample for sending "Hello World!" to LCD

Lcd_Init(&PORTB); // Initialize LCD connected to PORTB
Lcd_Cmd(Lcd_CLEAR); // Clear display
Lcd_Cmd(Lcd_CURSOR_OFF); // Turn cursor off
Lcd_Out(1, 1, "Hello World!");

No comments: